The President in Charge of the Republic, Juan Guaidó, stated his position and the actions to follow after the executive order of President Donald Trump freezing the assets of the Nicolás Maduro regime in the United States.
Guaidó spoke about the need to take action, after the constant talks with the Trump administration and the important meeting that will be held in Lima.
Given this, the president asked the democratic forces to consider the following points:
1. Given this measure, CITGO and all its assets are protected. In addition, any debt that the regime intends to incur with assets of the Nation will be illegal. Anyone who wants to benefit from the crisis will be driven away.
2. Every person, company, institution or nation that intends to do business with the regime will be, for the purposes of international justice, collaborating and supporting a dictatorship and will be subject to sanction and accomplice of crimes that do not prescribe.
3. The action announced has humanitarian exceptions regarding food and medicine. It also protects the private sector that does not do business with the dictatorship that has always attacked the productive apparatus.
4. This action is the consequence of the arrogance of an unfeasible and indolent usurpation. Those who support it, benefiting from the hunger and pain of Venezuelans, should know that it has consequences.
5. It is essential to keep in mind that the dictatorship does not have popular support, but a structure whose fidelity is maintained at the tip of money looted from Republic. This action seeks to protect Venezuelans.