The Board of Directors of the Association of Professors of the University of Los Andes (APULA), in view of the events that occurred on January 5th, 2020, on the occasion of the installation of the Board of Directors of the National Assembly (NA), for the period 2020 – 2021, unanimously states the following:
1. The Board of Directors of APULA reiterates its recognition to the President of the NA, Juan Gerardo Guaidó Márquez and the new Board of Directors of the NA.
2. Recognizes Deputy Juan Gerardo Guaidó Márquez as President (E) of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
3. Categorically repudiates the attempts by Nicolás Maduro’s regime to prevent President Juan Gerardo Guaidó Márquez from being sworn in, by using the repressive bodies of the State to control access to the National Assembly’s Chamber of Deputies, thereby demonstrating its anti-democratic, unconstitutional and perverse nature, which is repudiated by the majority of the world’s free nations.
4. Rejects the acts of intimidation, blackmail and purchase of conscience of some members of the NA, who sold their dignity by supporting the appointment of a totally illegal board of directors, far from the rules that should prevail in such an act (lack of Quorum and absence of the President of the NA).
5. Condemns in the strongest possible terms the treason committed by Alternate Representative Luís Loaiza Rincón, who in a repugnant manner supported with his vote the illegal board of directors
6. This Board of Directors of APULA, by establishing a clear difference with the irresponsible and morally unacceptable action taken by Luis Loaiza Rincón, announces to the world, to the country, to the Mérida community and particularly to the university community, its repudiation of this abject action by the aforementioned deputy.
7. The APULA maintains its commitment to accompany the actions taken from the heart of the NA, which will allow the rescue of freedom and democracy in Venezuela.
For the Board of Directors