The National Directorate of Voluntad Popular faces to the country to make clear its position on the accusations published by the news web portal “Armando Info”:
1. Corruption is repugnant, and it must be fought head-on wherever it comes from.
2. The fight against corruption has been and will continue to be one of our main flags: Pudreval, the nepotism of the Flores family; more recently the cases against Rafael Ramírez, Raúl Gorrín and the usurper’s family have cost us persecution, death and exile.
3. We announce that we have decided to remove deputies Luces and Arteaga from the comptroller’s commission, as well as deputy Freddy Superlano – who had already done so – and to suspend them from their responsibilities until the bottom of this matter is reached.
4. We initiated an internal investigation and a disciplinary process to determine the responsibilities of the people involved in the accusation. Members have already been notified.
5. The parliamentarians concerned will be subject to any and all investigations, means or independent body that will make it possible to get to the bottom of this case, guarantee the right to a defense and clarify their participation in any irregular act.
6. We strongly support the request to open an investigation to the Committee on Comptrollership and the restructuring of the same.
7. We call on the country to be attentive to the decisions to be announced by President Juan Guaidó on this matter.
8. We reiterate the importance of the free press and thank you for your research, which shows that freedom of expression is necessary to find the truth and unmask the enemies of the press and democracy.
In Caracas, on the 1st day of December 2019