The presidential commissioner for Human Rights and Attention to Victims, Humberto Prado, spoke after one year of the vile murder of the Venezuelan councilor, Fernando Albán. “The regime murdered him and so far there is no responsible person brought to court”, the commissioner said through his Twitter account.
“Today October 8 marks a year of the vile murder of councilor Fernando Albán, under the custody of the regime, and complicity and cover-up of senior officials of the regime. Councilman Albán was unjustly detained for false accusations in which he was linked to the alleged “frustrated” assassination of August 4, 2018 on Av. Bolívar in Caracas. Maduro’s criminal regime stated that Fernando Albán asked to go to the bathroom and from the tenth floor of the Sebin headquarters in Plaza Venezuela, decided to commit suicide”, he recalled.
In his opinion, the statements of different spokesmen of Nicolás Maduro’s regime around this case are “completely incoherent and irresponsible”. He insisted that the councilman was terribly tortured with a bag before being killed by dictatorship officials.
The presidential commissioner said that Fernando Albán’s death will be investigated and those responsible will be held accountable. “What they did to Albán includes crimes against humanity, which do not prescribe. The accomplices of his murder must pay before national and international justice. No death, torture or vexation of Venezuelans will go unpunished”, Prado warned.