The Interim Government of Venezuela, the head of the parliamentary fraction of the Unity (Unidad) and the Presidency of the Comptrollership Commission communicate the following to the country:
1. During the months of July and August, the representatives of the Legitimate Government went to the Parliament to render accounts of their management in public sessions, with an open invitation to all media and deputies in general. In all of these sessions, deputies and journalists had the opportunity to participate and ask questions or make queries as they deemed necessary.
2. The Comptroller’s Commission is the space of parliamentary management in which all the partisan fractions have free access and participation, and whose responsibility includes the reception and treatment of any complaint or information of interest coming from any citizen that involves the national public patrimony.
3. Last Monday, September 21st, President Guaidó agreed with the heads of Unity fraction of the National Assembly and the President of the Comptroller’s Commission, to refer to both the permanent Commission and the Special Comptroller’s Office the various cases that, despite the accountability sessions already effected, some actors still consider should be further investigated. This decision was shared and known by all the political parties that are part of the Unity.
4. Any member of civil society, journalist, parliamentarian, political leader or citizen who is interested in filing complaints or providing information of interest may use the channels available to legitimate Venezuelan institutions, beyond the necessary media or existing social networks.
5. Therefore, we reiterate the total disposition of the Legitimate Government to investigate and be investigated, to maintain accountability as the banner of our administration and the call to make use of institutional channels such as the Commission of the Comptroller of the National Assembly and the Special Comptroller of the Republic to carry out investigations into any information with support that may be of interest to the country.
Those of us who today assume the responsibility and the risks of leading both the Legitimate Government and the National Assembly to confront a dictatorship perpetrating crimes against humanity are the main ones interested in maintaining clear accounts for the country, so we reiterate our call to the citizen’s comptroller’s office to strengthen the transparency of our management and the citizen’s trust.
President of the National Assembly and interim President of Venezuela
Secretary of the National Assembly
President of the Permanent Commission on Comptrollership of the National Assembly
Unit Fraction Head
Deputy Head of Unit Fraction