On Saturday, February 15th, the President of the Republic of Venezuela, Juan Guaidó, made an assessment of the 2020 international tour.
The national leader planned and executed an unprecedented international tour in the country’s history, with the firm objective of proposing to allies of the world concrete measures to achieve Venezuela’s freedom.
Guaidó toured numerous countries and held high-level meetings with the aim of building new and better strategies to continue the struggle for democracy and freedom in the country, to achieve free elections and to end the suffering of the people.
The executive branch began its international tour in Colombia to participate in the Hemispheric Summit against Terrorism in the city of Bogotá. He held meetings with his Colombian counterpart, Iván Duque, and the United States Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo.
He then travelled to England, where he met with Dominic Raab and Boris Johnson, Foreign Secretary and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, respectively. He travelled to Brussels, Belgium, where he met with representatives of the European Union and the European Parliament.
Guaidó attended Davos, Switzerland, to participate in the World Economic Forum representing Venezuela for the first time in recent years. He met with the heads of government of Germany, Angela Merkel; Austria, Sebastian Kurtz; Greece, Kyriakos Mitsotakis; and the Netherlands, Mark Rutte.
He was received by the President of France, Emmanuel Macron, as well as by officials of his government and members of the French legislature. He then traveled to Spain, where he held meetings with government representatives and political forces from around the country.
Once the tour of Europe was over, President (E) Guaidó moved on to North America, where he was received by the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, and members of his government.
In the United States, he was given a standing ovation by Congress and President Donald Trump ratified his support in the fight against Nicolas Maduro’s regime. In addition, he held a private meeting with his American counterpart in the Oval Office of the White House. He also held meetings with Vice President Mike Pence and Special Representative for Venezuela Elliot Abrams.
MEASURES AND PETITIONS PRESENTED
During the 2020 International Tour, an agenda of actions and measures to overthrow the dictatorship were proposed. The national leader explained the imperative reasons why it was determined to start planning and implementing measures that countries had not yet considered.
1. President Guaidó shared privileged information about the links between Maduro’s regime and terrorism, drug trafficking and international organized crime.
2. He proposed measures aimed at cutting off or diminishing international economic, political and military support from the few countries that still support Maduro. A new phase of sanctions was initiated that will include the large international companies that have been accomplices of the dictatorship.
3. He planned measures aimed at deepening the dictatorship’s financial siege and the detection and recovery of capital resulting from corruption. The first steps were taken to block the trafficking of Venezuelan gold and classify it as blood gold, to stop the depredation of our environment, to protect the people, and to cut off the irregular financing of the dictatorship and the criminal groups that support it.
4. Strengthened and supported the process at the International Criminal Court.
5. Confirmed international ignorance of the parliamentary electoral fraud and unified of the world around the goal of free presidential elections. It was also agreed that any new electoral fraud by the Maduro regime would be ignored.
6. Measures were taken to support Venezuelan refugees, the situation of the diaspora, to deal with cases of life and death in our country, and operations were agreed to effectively bring more humanitarian aid into the country without it being detected and confiscated by the dictatorship.
7. Discussed plans and proposals for investment and recovery of our country. The first steps were taken to create the Venezuela Fund for the recovery of our country.
8. Set up international cooperation in intelligence, judicial and police matters for the rescue and reconstruction of Venezuela.
The Chief Executive stated that there is still a long way to go and although it is true that another series of actions will be carried out in the long term, the International Tour 2020 allowed the crystallization of short and medium term measures.
-Venezuela has returned to the center of international politics, managing to dismantle the efforts of the dictatorship to try to sell a false normality that would lead to a resignation of the international community.
-The Presidency in charge and the legitimate Government were strengthened as the only legitimate and valid international interlocutor to achieve freedom for Venezuela, as well as the legitimacy of the National Assembly and its new leadership.
-The lie that the dictator and usurper has wanted to sell in his political circle and the Armed Forces in general was dismantled: the dictatorship is isolated and will remain isolated until its end.
-The strategy of generating a false opposition that would legitimize the dictatorship and divide the international community was dismantled.
-The world understood the importance of what had been done and a commitment was made to increase international pressure as much as possible, including issues that had not been considered before.
THE PEOPLE OF VENEZUELA AND THE FANB
The President of the Republic, Juan Guaidó, stated that he will do everything in his power to achieve the freedom of Venezuela as soon as possible. He called for trust, unity and commitment from the Venezuelan people.
He committed himself to do everything in his power, the same as the deputies of the National Assembly, but he considers the participation of all in this struggle against the dictatorship to be key.
“I need your constancy, resistance, unity and firmness. I need us to reactivate the mobilization so as not to allow the installation of a false normality, to fulfill our duty as citizens and to demonstrate to our allies in the world the importance of accelerating and taking the necessary steps,” the president said.
He also assured that the mobilizations are part of the strategy and that he will once again call the citizens to the streets. He attached vital importance to the massive participation in assemblies and warm-ups coming up on the agenda throughout the country.