The Frente Amplio Venezuela Libre, Caracas Chapter, its member organizations and political parties, as well as the organized expressions of the capital’s civil society, address the local and Venezuelan community in general, to express our support to the Caracas citizens who suffer the attacks of the regime and our strong support to the constitutionally legitimate Government of the Republic, chaired by Deputy Juan Gerardo Guaidó Márquez (Acting President) and to the National Assembly, at the same time, we want to demand the immediate establishment of a NATIONAL EMERGENCY GOVERNMENT, all of which is based on the following reasons:
1. We are well aware that Venezuela is facing an economic collapse with the destruction of the productive apparatus and the oil industry, the highest inflation in the world, the annihilation of workers’ salaries, the deficiency of public services and a humanitarian crisis that unleashed the massive migration of its population sunk in unprecedented impoverishment, and now, as if what we Venezuelans have gone through were not enough, we are facing in very critical conditions the serious situation of the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. That today our country is under these sorry conditions, it is the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Narco-Dictatorship of Nicolas Maduro. Our city of Caracas does not escape from the national reality, in the last days we have seen how the crisis of the public services, such as water, transport, electricity, gas and the lack of fuel, has worsened, but we have also seen with much pain, the situation of famine of the majority of Caraqueños and the systematic violation of the Human Rights by this regime. Without doubt we are submerged in a generalized crisis that the dictatorship is not in capacity to solve, and that if it continues in power it is going to worsen.
3. It is for this reason that the political parties and other citizens’ organizations that are active in Caracas want to ratify, in the first place, our commitment and absolute support to the National Assembly and to President (E) Juan Guaidó, who has shown perseverance, courage and bravery in the struggle for freedom and democracy in our country, and who today is the focus of attacks by the dictatorship, with the sole intention of trying to break the struggle of millions of Venezuelans.
4. We would also like to express our unrestricted support for the proposal to form a National Emergency Government, which would allow for an end to the suffering of Venezuelans and which would be capable of effectively dealing with the crisis caused by COVID-19 and the collateral effects left by this pandemic. Only with a National Emergency Government, in a unitary and consensual manner, having as a priority the national interest and that of the majorities, and whose proposal is supported by the international community, could the productive apparatus of our country begin to recover immediately and we could obtain the necessary support from the countries and multilateral institutions, which we need so much to attend to the crisis on all fronts and take a fundamental step towards the reconstruction and re-institutionalization of our country.
5. The policy of segregation of the population implemented by the dictatorship through the Carnet de la Patria and the CLAPs as a measure of social control seeks to make us less free every day. For all these reasons, we would like to urge the competent agencies of this National Emergency Government, once it is installed, to guarantee immediate assistance to those who lack the economic resources to satisfy their basic needs. At the same time, let this consideration be made to our Retirees and Pensioners, who currently cannot cover their needs for food and medicine with their precarious income.
6. Finally, to the people of Caracas we want to say that we must raise our conscience and our spirit of struggle, because rights are not to be asked for or begged for, but conquered, and we have the legitimate right to live in a city and in a different country full of opportunities, in a Venezuela of peace, of well-being and of progress for all.
Nicolás Maduro DOES NOT HAVE THE CAPACITY to solve the Crisis and therefore we urge the formation of the NATIONAL EMERGENCY GOVERNMENT.