The Organizing Committee of the Popular Consultation congratulated the Venezuelan people for the massive participation in the session from December 7th to 12th, 2020 and reported the results about the digital process, in addition to the work to continue the delivery and processing of information.
Here is the full newsletter:
The organizing committee of the Popular Consultation greets the country and reports the following:
First: we reiterate our congratulations to the Venezuelan people for the massive participation in the day from December 7th to 12th, 2020 when, overcoming all obstacles, millions of citizens expressed their will in a heroic and firm way in the defense of our country.
Second: we reiterate that both the thousands of volunteers, as well as the technical team and the members of the organizing committee, are working tirelessly to continue the delivery and processing of the information.
However, we must remember that unlike an electoral event, the Popular Consultation was a process of citizen participation that was carried out without state infrastructure, electronics, in a repressive environment and with volunteers who suffer from the lack of connectivity, gasoline and services that afflict the country.
Also, we must add the failure of the electronic system during the day of the face-to-face (presential, in person) phase, which makes it even more difficult to collect and process the information on the face-to-face participation in the Popular Consultation centers, especially in the most remote areas of the country.
We assure you that the entire volunteer team of the Popular Consultation is doing its best to collect as much information as possible in the shortest possible time about the face-to-face participation.
Third: Regarding digital participation, we can report:
1. Of the 2,412,354 digital participants announced on December 12th, 72% (1,739,830 people), completed the digital participation process up to the unique one-man code. The physical, technological, repressive and general conditions of the country, as well as the episodes of saturation or collapse of the system, did not allow all Venezuelans to carry out to completion the digital process. In addition to this, the poor quality of the identity card, made the systems reject the participation of a large number of Venezuelans who tried to access the process.
2. The distribution of the use of technological tools for digital participation was as follows:
Through TELEGRAM: 90.46%
· Via WEB PAGE: 4, 14%
· Through WEB APPLICATION: 5.39%
3. The use of the platforms by country was distributed as follows:
United States 7.86%
Others (114 countries) 4.30%
United States 15.45%
4. On the results of the questions, regarding digital participation, we can report the following:
Question number 1: Yes: 99.88% NO: 0.12%
Question number 2: Yes: 99.88% NO: 0.12%
Question number 3: Yes: 99.91% NO: 0.09%
Question number 1: Yes: 99.83% NO: 0.10%
Question number 2: Yes: 99.80% NO: 0.13%
Question number 3: Yes: 99.81% NO: 0.12%
Fourth: in the same way, we call on all the regional teams of the organizing committee, high citizen council and citizens in general, to maintain the organization and commitment to contribute to the fulfillment of this Popular Consultation.
It is up to all of us to initiate the new phase of exercise and citizen participation to achieve the restitution of the constitution, the rejection of parliamentary fraud, the cessation of usurpation, free presidential elections and international aid.
In Caracas on the 14th day of December 2020.